[Wannier] inconsistency in Hamiltonian elements (_hr.dat) for spinor-valued WF, when adding "wannier_plot_spinor_mode=true" & "wannier_plot_spinor_phase=up/down"

H. Lee hjunlee at gmail.com
Mon Dec 7 20:14:31 CET 2020

Dear Shi:

It is very strange if we look at the subroutine of plot_main in plot.F90;
the call to plot_wannier is after the call to hamiltonian_write_hr and more
importantly, both of them are after Wannierization; all stuffs related to
the plotting of Wannier functions (WFs) are included in the subroutine
of plot_wannier.

So, in general the plotting of WFs should not affect the Wannierization
process and if something affects the Wannierization process, it is natural
for you to have different H(R). I think you need to know which one affects
the Wannierization process (I think the plotting of WFs doesn't).

I am assuming that you performed two W90 runs from the exactly same input
files to W90 such as amn, mmn, etc.

Sincerely,

H. Lee