[QE-users] Error in routine scale_h (1): Not enough space allocated for radial FFT...

Lorenzo Paulatto lorenzo.paulatto at cnrs.fr
Thu Dec 14 16:32:54 CET 2023

On 12/14/23 16:30, Dr. Pabitra Mandal wrote:
> Dear Pietro,
> I am sorry. By mistake I said that my material is  two dimensional.
> Rather it has a layered structure. There will be relaxation along
> z-direction also in the thin layer of the atoms. However to have a
> layered structure, c-axis is set to be large and made fixed by
> cell_dofree = 'ibrav + c'
> What would be the solution in that case? Please help.

Hello Pabitra,

if you think your initial cell should be close to the final one, but it
is not, either your set-up is wrong, or your expectation is. We cannot
know which, because you do not give any detail.

kind regards

> With regards,
> pabitra
>

> On Thu, Dec 14, 2023 at 8:41 PM Pietro Davide Delugas
> <pdelugas at sissa.it> wrote:
>

>     Hello
>     This happens when the volume of the cell changes too much during
>     the relaxation.
>
>     The best route would be to input the values of the in-plane
>     lattice constant as close to real ones as possible, being this a
>     2D material, to avoid any relaxation along the z direction.  This
>     can be done by adding the
>     cell_dofree='2dxy'
>     in the &cell namelist
>     hope this helps
>     best regards
>     Pietro

Dr. Lorenzo Paulatto
IdR @ IMPMC - CNRS UMR 7590 & Sorbonne Université
phone: +33 (0)1 442 79822 / skype: paulatz
http://www.impmc.upmc.fr/~paulatto/ - https://anharmonic.github.io/
23-24/423 B115, 4 place Jussieu 75252 Paris CX 05