[QE-users] Compile QE 6.8

Fabrizio Ferrari Ruffino faferrar at sissa.it
Thu Nov 17 12:11:38 CET 2022

Hi Riccardo

LD_LIBRARY_PATH is an environmental variable which contains the paths where to look for during execution when dynamical libraries are needed.

So after compilation (which you did smoothly I guess), just locate the file libmkl_scalapack_lp64.so. Type from shell:

locate libmkl_scalapack_lp64.so

then copy the path of the file (file name excluded) and type from shell:

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=paste/here/path/of/the/file

and then run QE. It should work.

Cheers,
Fabrizio