[QE-users] Compile QE 6.8

Paolo Giannozzi paolo.giannozzi at uniud.it
Thu Nov 17 15:46:13 CET 2022

On 11/17/22 11:57, Riccardo Piombo uniroma1 via users wrote:

> However, when I try to launch a pw.x job the terminal says that
>
> there's no executable with that name! (I checked the path to the pw
> folder and the fact that the pw.x file actually exists)

if the terminal says "there is no executable with that name", well,
there is no executable with that name. If the executable (PW/src/pw.x,
not the symbolic link in bin/pw.x) really exists, it is a problem of the
configuration of your environment, not of QE.

Paolo

> Then I didn't understand what prof. Ruffino said:
>
> The make.inc file generated in the main folder doesn't contain any
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH variable. Maybe you mean filling with the correct path
>
> the right hand side of lines SCALAPACK_LIBS = , LAPACK_LIBS =, FFT_LIBS
> = and so on?
>

> Finally, prof. Giannozzi maybe refers to /modulefiles-setup.sh/ file
> which is the other executable present in the intel oneapi folder as you
> download
>
> the whole intel package.
>

> Thanks a lot for your help,
>
> Riccardo Piombo
>
> Post doc researcher in Condensed Matter Physics at Sapienza University
> of Rome

Phone +39-0432-558216, fax +39-0432-558222