[QE-users] How H2O molecule reflect DFT scf calculation at 0 Kelvin calculation

Jayraj Anadani jayrajanadani at spuvvn.edu
Fri Aug 26 13:52:52 CEST 2022

Thank you sir, for your reply
but I have one particular molecular system of 10-20 atoms which I am
getting from a simulation of a large atom (around 10000 atoms) at a 300K
temperature from a molecular dynamic simulation (LAMMPS). and I also did
optimization of that MD structure which is amorphous metallic glass. Now,
 Can I do dft study of a small part of a single molecule of a large MD
simulation(~10000 atoms) ?
till now i did below things but i am bit confused which way is best way to
study DFT . i also dis AIMD/CPMD but for metallic glass CPMD doesn't work
good with PAW PP.
so,
1. Can I do direct SCF calculation(without relax) by giving a condition of
*forc_conv_thr* and *tot_conv_thr* with creating a vacuum(for a
non-periodic system) of around 15 Angstrom to converge properly. *OR*
2. I should do the RELAX calculation with vacuum and then go to the
*scf* calculation
to find the total energy and then *nscf*.

***questions:
1. what if I relax a system and position is changed a bit(which is obvious)
to minimize the total energy but that energy is at zero kelvin dft
calculation and I want to study the system at 300K. So how can small parts
of a structure reflect large MD simulation structural properties?

Thank you
regards

jayraj anadani
Ph.D. Research scholar Department of physics
sardar patel university
india