[QE-users] How H2O molecule reflect DFT scf calculation at 0 Kelvin calculation

Stefano de Gironcoli degironc at sissa.it
Fri Aug 26 13:29:42 CEST 2022

Dear JAYRAJ ANADANI,

  calculation="scf"  corresponds to a minimization of the total energy
at fixed atomic positions. you chose where to put the ions. the code
does its best to return the corresponding energy.

  calculaiton="relax" corresponds to a series of scf calculations,
followed by forces evaluation and geometry update to minimize the energy
of the system. The code does its best to converge to a minimum (non
necessarily the global minimum) in the GS potential energy surface.

  there is no temperature in any of these calculations.

  if you want to simulate the system at finite (classical) temperature
for the atoms you should perform MD simlations

stefano