[QE-users] [QE-GPU] computing force and stress - time cost

Pietro Bonfa' pietro.bonfa at unipr.it
Mon Jan 4 00:08:02 CET 2021

Dear Mohammad,

the performance of the GPU code depends dramatically on the portions of
computation that are still performed on the CPU. Only a portion of all
contributions to forces have been accelerated, and what is left out may
be optimized for MPI parallelism rather than openmp.

That being said, the behavior that you report is definitively unusual.
Would you mind sharing input and output files?

Best regards,
Pietro