[QE-users] HOMO is higher than LUMO

Lorenzo Paulatto paulatz at gmail.com
Sun Feb 21 20:18:09 CET 2021

Hello,
this happens when the system is a bad metal, with a pocket of valence electrons in a small Fermi surface. I.e., at some point in the Brillouin zone, the n-th band is lower in energy than the (n-1)-th band somewhere else, but these two bands do not touch. Just use a smearing for occupation and you'll solve the issue. Do not forget to recheck k-points convergence in the new case.

regards
--
Lorenzo Paulatto - Paris