[QE-users] HOMO is higher than LUMO

Mahmoud Payami Shabestari mpayami at aeoi.org.ir
Sun Feb 21 19:05:37 CET 2021

Dear QE-users/Developers,

In DFT+U calculation of an AFM pure system, I used an input file in which I
had not used "occupation" card, but only a few bands more than half of the
number of electrons. Then, the SCF run was successful, and in the output I
get both HOMO and LUMO values correctly aligned, i.e., E_LUMO > E_HOMO.

However, when I add a metallic impurity (without changing the other
parameters), the SCF run successfuly ends and in the output now I get E_HOMO
> E_LUMO (!!).

I do not know how to interpret this result. Is there any miscalculation?

Any comments is highly appreciated.

Best regards,

Mahmoud Payami

AEOI, Tehran, Iran