[QE-users] HOMO is higher than LUMO

Mahmoud Payami Shabestari mpayami at aeoi.org.ir
Sun Feb 21 21:50:47 CET 2021

Dear Lorenzo,

Hello.

Thank you so much for your explanation.

I will follow your suggestions.

Bests,

Mahmoud

From: Lorenzo Paulatto <paulatz at gmail.com>
To: Quantum ESPRESSO users Forum <users at lists.quantum-espresso.org>
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2021 20:18:09 +0100
Subject: Re: [QE-users] HOMO is higher than LUMO

Hello,
this happens when the system is a bad metal, with a pocket of valence
electrons in a small Fermi surface. I.e., at some point in the Brillouin
zone, the n-th band is lower in energy than the (n-1)-th band somewhere
else, but these two bands do not touch. Just use a smearing for occupation
and you'll solve the issue. Do not forget to recheck k-points convergence in
the new case.

regards

--
Lorenzo Paulatto - Paris