[QE-users] Regarding charge transfer analysis (SOUMYAKANTA PANDA)

Marcelo Albuquerque marcelofilho at id.uff.br
Wed Nov 25 12:29:06 CET 2020

Hi dear Mr. Panda.

Actually, the main way to perform such a task (I believe, but I may be
wrong), in your case is to do the Bader analysis.

A very good explanation on that, including the references, can be found in
the Henkelman's group website:
https://theory.cm.utexas.edu/henkelman/research/bader/
In there, you can also find their code, which I believe you have already
seen in other publications on the topic.

Another very good technique would be the Yu and Trinkle Method, which is
implemented in the CRITIC2 post-processing package:
https://aoterodelaroza.github.io/critic2/examples/example_11_01_simple-integration/
Also, you will find the Bader analysis there.

There's still another good technique, which is the charge density
difference, $\Delta \rho$, if you want. There's a thread in this Mailing
List concerning this topic, whereon Leonid Kahle answered a user's
question, which was very helpful for me:
https://lists.quantum-espresso.org/pipermail/users/2019-June/042992.html

I hope it can help you.

Best of luck.

*      Marcelo Albuquerque*