[QE-users] Charge density difference

Leonid Kahle leonid.kahle at epfl.ch
Mon Jun 24 08:53:32 CEST 2019

Hello,

FYI, would be nice to explain your problem a bit more verbosely.
In short, you can plot charge density and the differences using the
postprocessing of QE:

Input for calculation 1 (calculation of charge density 1) Insert correct
outdir and prefix for it to work for you:

&INPUTPP
   prefix = 'calculation1'
   outdir = './out/'
   filplot='charge1.dat'
   plot_num=0
/

Input for calculation 2 (calculation of charge density 2):

&INPUTPP
   prefix = 'calculation2'
   outdir = './out/'
   filplot='charge2.dat'
   plot_num=0
/

Input for plotting the difference (1-2):

&INPUTPP
/
&PLOT
   nfile=2
   filepp(1)='charge1.dat'
   filepp(2)='charge2.dat'
   weight(1)=1.0
   weight(2)=-1.0
   iflag=3
   output_format=5
   fileout='difference.xsf'
/

You run all of these files with the pp.x executable of QE, and can
visualize the data in difference.xsf with xcrysden.
For the documentation, see
https://www.quantum-espresso.org/Doc/INPUT_PP.html

     Leonid Kahle

/Doctoral Assistant //EPFL STI IMX THEOS////CH-1015 Lausanne (Switzerland)/