[QE-users] Installation problem regarding interoperability

Arif Emre Yarimbiyik yarimbiyik at gmail.com
Wed Nov 25 13:20:06 CET 2020

Hi,
I am trying to install QE following the instructions at quantum-espresso.org
.
I do not have any problem at configuring, however I get a C
interoperability error at the make stage:

"Error: Assumed-shape array 'zmat' at (1) cannot be an argument to the
procedure 'c_loc' because it is not C interoperable
xmltools.f90:797.18:

       cp = c_loc(zvec) "

As far as I understand, this is a problem regarding Fortran’s
multidimensional array support. I have the latest version of gcc-gfortran
running, but apparently that does not help.
I would appreciate any suggestions for solving this issue.
Regards,
Dr A. Emre Yarimbiyik