[QE-users] smearing vs. tetrahedron - weird behavior

Christoph Wolf wolf.christoph at qns.science
Mon Mar 25 03:56:56 CET 2019

Dear Nicola,

for smearing I used the default Gaussian one; The outliers seem to come
from the tetrahedron method for a few "special" k-grids. I have to say I
never observed this for any metal slabs I worked on so this seems to be a
very particular case: a few isolated impurity bands (basically
dispersion-free) inside an insulator band-gap.

Thanks for the information regarding mv and mp smearing that is certainly
helpful!

Best,
Chris