[QE-users] Odd number of electrons yields even total magnetization

Ayestaran Latorre, Carlos carlos.ayestaran-latorre17 at imperial.ac.uk
Tue Jul 16 17:24:40 CEST 2019

Dear Farah,

I stumbled upon that work and an older question of yours in the forum similar to mine for that very FG system.

Even if our systems are different, did you notice whether having the right magnetisation had a large effect on the final energies/electronic structure? I'm not concerned with magnetic properties, only energies and structures; I was just puzzled by the fact I was getting unphysical results and inconsistent between similar systems (e.g., if I use a Si dopant instead of B, everything is fine). As you suggest, I guess it's just simple DFT trying to do its best in a strongly correlated system.

Kind regards,
Carlos