[QE-users] non-convergent scf calculation on organometal perovskite structure

Fabrizio Cossu fabrizio.cossu at apctp.org
Fri Feb 22 08:15:42 CET 2019

   Dear Julien,
I'd go for the suggestion proposed by Pietro. Mind also that, for
semiconductor, Methfessel-Paxton is not appropriate, as far as I know. Keep
Gaussian or try Fermi smearing. What's the recommended value for the cutoff
for each pseudopotential? An insufficient cutoff may considerably affect
the results, especially for insulators (forgive me for having overlooked
the electronic character of the compound previously). Moreover, the
theoretical lattice constant may be substantially different from the
experimental one; a very different lattice constant more likely gives rise
to numerical instabilities.

   Best wishes,
   Fabrizio