[QE-users] non-convergent scf calculation on organometal perovskite structure

Pietro Davide Delugas pdelugas at sissa.it
Thu Feb 21 09:35:58 CET 2019

Hi

Have you tried to increase the k_point mesh ?  4 4 4 seems a little bit
lax as mesh for MAPbI3.
If I remember well I am afraid that to get convergence you will need
something like 10X10X10.
As for the structure neighboring methylammoniums  like to orient
differently one from the other, you should probably use a larger cell.
Also consider to add some correction for van der Waals interactions see
here ( https://www.quantum-espresso.org/Doc/INPUT_PW.html#idm45922794348896)

hope it helps
Pietro