[QE-users] Environ Cube files

Lance Kavalsky lance.kavalsky at mail.utoronto.ca
Fri Feb 8 23:50:50 CET 2019

Hello all,

I have been using Environ 1.0 with QE 6.2.1.

When setting verbose to 2 in environ.in various cube files are generated (polarization_density.cube, charges.cube, etc..).

Looking through the documentation I cannot seem to find descriptions for these cube files (e.g. what data is included in electrons.cube?).

Is there anywhere I can read up more on the exact details regarding the data included in each of these files? Also, does anyone have any recommendations for plotting these files?

Any guidance would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Lance Kavalsky

University of Toronto