[QE-users] assume_isolated=2D

Michal Krompiec michal.krompiec at gmail.com
Wed Apr 24 18:43:57 CEST 2019

Dear QE Community,
Could someone clarify if the following is correct: assume_isolated='2D'
implies that the system (2D slab) should be centered around z=0 and the
total thickness of the system should be less than half of the Z dimension
of the simulation cell. In other words, if Z_dim is the height of the
simulation cell, all atoms should be within [-Z_dim/4, Z_dim/4].
Thanks in advance,

Michal Krompiec
Merck KGaA & University of Southampton