[Pw_forum] Looking for some guidance with failing tests

Barry Moore moore0557 at gmail.com
Tue May 30 15:20:42 CEST 2017

Ari,

  If you let me intervene a little bit; how did you(?) compile the code?
> Some (most?) recent Intel compiler suites are known to be very buggy,
> gcc/gfortran is much more reliable. Did you try first to create a serial
> executable, should your MPI have an issue?

I tried GCC 5.4.0 and 4.8.5 with OpenMPI 2.0.2 and IntelMPI 2017. I have
used this version of OpenMPI to compile other packages which pass tests. I
think Paolo answered my questions. Thanks!

Paolo,

These are exactly the tests that give some small discrepancies. It is quite
> possible that some references have not been updated. I am no longer
> following what is happening in testing and hope that somebody will
> eventually take over this aspect.

Okay, that is the information I was looking for. Thank you so much!

I grabbed b3lyp-O.in and ran this numerous times with different settings
>> (conv_thr and electron_maxstep), different numbers of processors (1-8), and
>> larger cutoffs (doubled ecutwfc and ecutfock).
>> if you change the cutoffs, you get different results, for sure.

Just for reference, I ran the code 8 times when I changed the cutoffs. I
was comparing test-to-test not test-to-reference. Hope this helps in some
way.

Thanks again,

Barry

Barry E Moore II, PhD