[Pw_forum] ibrav=3 crystal axes

Mihalis Kavousanakis mihalis.kavousanakis at scienomics.com
Thu Jan 26 09:47:49 CET 2017

thank you very much for your answer.

are you explicitly using the space group and Wyckoff positions? and
are you getting wrong positions? or just a funny set of alpha beta
gamma angles?

I used the crystal axes explicitly to reconstruct the primitive crystal
from the output file only and I got this strange behavior of alpha and
beta angles being the complementary of the expected ones, i.e.70.53
instead of 180-70.53=109.74 deg.

kind regards,
Mihalis Kavousanakis