[Pw_forum] Calculation for determining Band Inversion due to Spin Orbit Coupling (edited)

Mohammed Ghadiyali m786g at live.co.uk
Sat Jan 21 11:35:12 CET 2017

Hi All,

I 'm working on band structure of Stanene - with and without Spin Orbit Coupling (SOC). I have been able to replicated

the reported results, but I 'm not getting how should I detect the band inversion due to SOC. I have performed K resolved

DOS, for the same. But I 'm not able to determine any thing conclusive.

In short, can some one inform me the procedure of finding if there is a band inversion due to SOC.

Regards,

Ghadiyali Mohammed Kader,
University of Mumbai.