[Pw_forum] Hubbard force discrepancies

stefano de gironcoli degironc at sissa.it
Thu Oct 23 11:04:01 CEST 2014

Dear Dmitry,
     the total force che be calcualted from the unperturbed wfcs due to
Hellmann-Feynman theorem that relies on the fact that total energy
satisfy a variational principle.
     no variational principle is defined for a component of the energy
(Hubbard, Hartree , XC, Kinetic ...) therefore you can't calculate their
derivatives from the unperturbed wfcs only.

stefano