[Pw_forum] Problem of XCrySDen launching

Paolo Giannozzi paolo.giannozzi at uniud.it
Wed Oct 9 16:42:52 CEST 2013

On Tue, 2013-10-08 at 07:59 -0700, Jeffrey De Lile wrote:

> Dear XCrySDen users and developers,

actually this is not the mailing list for XCrySDen! it is here:

It is of little help for you, but I also failed many times in
compiling, or even installing precompiled binaries, of XCrySDen:
there is invariably something that is missing. The only way I
found to have xcrysden installed was to update my PC to the
new stable debian version, then "apt-get install xcrysden":
it works great!

P.

> I am still struggling to install and launch xcrysden software. First I
> installed latest version of xcrysden : XCrySDen-pre1.5bbin-static
>  However, when I am launching it GUI doesn't appear. Then  I
> reinstalled from source code xcrysden-1.5.53 and for the first time
> after ./xcrysden command GUI opens but I can't access to example files
> such as xsf etc. Then I rebooted the computer and then when I was
> relaunching the software it gives the following error. Anyway, I have
> already sent the XCrySDen-pre1.5bbin-static to trash.
>
> ./xcrysden: 163: .: Can't
> open /home/vampire/tools/XCrySDen-pre1.5bbin-static/scripts/xcLib.sh
>
> Please someone help me how to solve this issue.
> Thanks in advance

 Paolo Giannozzi, Dept. Chemistry&Physics&Environment,
 Phone +39-0432-558216, fax +39-0432-558222