[Pw_forum] Problem of XCrySDen launching

Lorenzo Paulatto lorenzo.paulatto at impmc.upmc.fr
Wed Oct 9 17:11:14 CEST 2013

On 10/08/2013 04:59 PM, Jeffrey De Lile wrote:
>  However, when I am launching it GUI doesn't appear. Then  I
> reinstalled from source code xcrysden-1.5.53 and for the first time
> after ./xcrysden command GUI opens but I can't access to example files
> such as xsf etc. Then I rebooted the computer and then when I was
> relaunching the software it gives the following error. Anyway, I have
> already sent the XCrySDen-pre1.5bbin-static to trash.
> ./xcrysden: 163: .: Can't open
> /home/vampire/tools/XCrySDen-pre1.5bbin-static/scripts/xcLib.sh

As already said, this is not the XCD mailing list.

However, this looks like a possible conflict of variables between
different versions of xcrysden. Clean up the hidden file $HOME/.bashrc :
remove every possible reference to xcrysden, then reboot your computer
(or at least the session) and try again

cheers

--
Dr. Lorenzo Paulatto