[Pw_forum] Lowdin Charge - sign

David Grifith david.grifith at gmail.com
Sat Dec 11 18:48:46 CET 2010

Dear Stefano de Gironcoli

Thanks a lot for your instructive and informative comments.

--
Sincerely Yours
David G.

David Grifith wrote:
>* Dear Heather
*>*
*>* Thanks for your comments. I think that this type of charge (Lowdin) which is
*>* nearly the number of valence electrons can not speak about the details of
*>* the system.
*>* Some electrons are bonding and also, the effect of the core (core electron +
*>* nucleus ) is not negligible. I want to compare the real charge of two atoms
*>* in my system with each other not their valence electrons. I appreciate your
*>* help in advance.
*