[Pw_forum] MKL 10.2 not recognized by configure script / Xeon=amd64?

Paolo Giannozzi giannozz at democritos.it
Fri Oct 16 15:55:19 CEST 2009

On Oct 16, 2009, at 15:20 , Matthias Timmer wrote:

> Unfortunately, the configure-script does not recognize the MKL
> libraries
> (the dgemm-tests fail), although the correct path is known and
> tested -
> probably due to a rather drastic change in the structure of the
> library

nothing surprising. Each new version of Intel software is orthogonal
to all previous
versions, like in Lanczos chains.

> Can anyone comment whether Espresso is at the moment compatible
> with MKL 10.2.1.017?

of course it is (unless they changed the way blas and lapack routines
are called).
Carlo Nervi told me a few days ago that he managed to have everything
working
with ifort 11.1.056 and MKL 10.2.2.025.

> And if so, is there a need to change the configure-script

if you want mkl to be recognized by configure, yes, configure.ac has
to be
modified.

> 2) When the configure-script runs, it always tells me, that the
> "x86_64"-architecture of the Xeons we have is "amd64" (see line
> 1443 in the configure-script). I think this is highly irritating.
> Must something be changed, or can I safely ignore this message?

configure reports what your operating system says. If it works, it is
fine.

Paolo
---
Paolo Giannozzi, Dept of Physics, University of Udine
via delle Scienze 208, 33100 Udine, Italy
Phone +39-0432-558216, fax +39-0432-558222