[Pw_forum] MKL 10.2 not recognized by configure script / Xeon=amd64?

Matthias Timmer Matthias.Timmer at uni-due.de
Fri Oct 16 15:20:32 CEST 2009

Dear readers,

I have two points:

1) I am trying to install Espresso (v 4.0.5) on a Xeon Cluster, trying
to use MKL 10.2.1.017 (with ifort 11.1).

Unfortunately, the configure-script does not recognize the MKL libraries
(the dgemm-tests fail), although the correct path is known and tested -
probably due to a rather drastic change in the structure of the library
(e.g., there is no file named 'libmkl_em64t.a' any more, which seems to
have been changed for MKL 10.2).

There is no change in this behavior when I try to compile Espresso v 4.1.

Can anyone comment whether Espresso is at the moment compatible with MKL
10.2.1.017?

And if so, is there a need to change the configure-script, or is this
just a local problem I have?

2) When the configure-script runs, it always tells me, that the
"x86_64"-architecture of the Xeons we have is "amd64" (see line 1443 in
the configure-script). I think this is highly irritating. Must something
be changed, or can I safely ignore this message?

I will provide any files (especially config.log) you might ask for, if
they turn out to be necessary.

Kind regards,

Matthias Timmer

University of Duisburg-Essen