[Pw_forum] How to make chdens.x?

Axel Kohlmeyer akohlmey at cmm.chem.upenn.edu
Sun Nov 5 17:22:33 CET 2006

On Sat, 4 Nov 2006, Rahmat Gunawan wrote:

RG> Dear PW_Forum
RG>
RG> I would like to thanks for your attention to solve my problem.
RG>
RG> I follow solving problem from Axel and Aaron and I was running my file.pw:
RG>
RG>     ibrav=4, celldm(1)=a (in atomic units), celldm(3)=c/a, nat=4, ntyp=1
RG>
RG>     ATOMIC_POSITIONS (alat)
RG>     C    0.0   0.000000000   0.0
RG>     C    0.0   0.577350270   0.0
RG>     C    0.0   0.000000000   c/(2a)
RG>     C    0.5   0.288675135   c/(2a)

please note, this is not a valid input file, but
merely a shortcut notation for a geometry.

please have a look at the material at:
http://www.vlab.msi.umn.edu/events/lecture.shtml
especially from friday (05/26) to sunday (05/28).

RG> but, my PWgui need chdens.x and My PWgui can't run

why don't you just run pw.x directly?

RG> In my Espresso/PP have files: chdens.f90 and chdens.o
RG> so Would You like give me some method to make chdens.x?

the chdens functinonality has been folded into pp.x
about a year ago. there still seems to be some problems
with updating pwgui accordingly. from the cvs changelog

        * GUI/PWgui/src/: run.itcl, settings.itcl:

        References to chdens.x removed - there is still one left in run.itcl
        I am not sure what should be done in that case

cheers,
    axel.