[QE-developers] Increasing the integration mesh in lambda.x

Maarten Goesten mg963 at cornell.edu
Tue Jan 22 14:34:55 CET 2019

Dear developers,

In recent work that I and a colleague have been doing, we found that we needed to increase the integration mesh for omega in order to converge the value for omega_log. We did this manually in the lambda.x source code. I am a chemical/materials engineer, so I’m not as well equipped as most physicists when it comes to coding. Hence, I was wondering whether such manipulation of the source code is a common thing in the community. But I have now spoken to some colleagues in the superconductivity field who were unaware of the possibility that the hard coded mesh may not always be enough for an accurate estimate for omega_log. I was wondering if this issue was known to you, and mainly, I’m asking if I can mention this in the ‘computational details’ section of a new manuscript, and if you have any preference regarding the way I do that.

I’ll finish by thanking you for making such a great code free to the public.

Best,

Maarten Goesten