[Q-e-developers] Internal LAPACK and BLAS

Paolo Giannozzi p.giannozzi at gmail.com
Sun Sep 11 15:41:58 CEST 2016

On Sun, Sep 11, 2016 at 3:35 PM, Filippo SPIGA <
filippo.spiga at quantum-espresso.org> wrote:

The configure behaviour reflect this modern setup. "--with-internal-blas"
> and "--with-internal-lapack" have been collapsed into "--with-netlib".
> Nowadays BLAS and LAPACK are always present "together". If this is not the
> case, the system is odd and (the system) must be fixed.

I think that the original reason for separate blas and lapack treatment is
that once upon a time there were mathematical libraries with an incomplete
(or even nonexistent) set of lapack routines