[Q-e-developers] Internal LAPACK and BLAS

Filippo Spiga spiga.filippo at gmail.com
Sun Sep 11 15:46:58 CEST 2016

On Sep 11, 2016, at 2:41 PM, Paolo Giannozzi <p.giannozzi at gmail.com> wrote:
> I think that the original reason for separate blas and lapack treatment is that once upon a time there were mathematical libraries with an incomplete (or even nonexistent) set of lapack routines

ESSL I guess (only case covered in the configure).

ESSL evolved quite a lot since the "old days". I have no access to a machine where ESSL (ESSL linux or ESSL BlueGene?) is deployed but if someone remember which routine was not present we can easily check. It is always possible to force a behaviour of the linker where libraries are linked in this order {ESSL, Netlib LAPACK, Netlib BLAS}, it is a flag to turn in the make.inc

--
Filippo SPIGA ~ http://fspiga.github.io ~ skype: filippo.spiga