[Q-e-developers] qe package

Filippo SPIGA filippo.spiga at quantum-espresso.org
Wed Sep 7 23:10:20 CEST 2016

Hi Paolo, Hi all,

On Aug 19, 2016, at 8:56 PM, Paolo Giannozzi <p.giannozzi at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am personally happy with the current packaging, but not so happy to rule out other options, as long as this doesn't interfere with more urgent things to be done in the next days or weeks in view of the release. I wouldn't object to include more packages in the "base" tarballs, maybe stripping out tests and examples, while keeping the possibility to install on demand, like it is now.

the community is somehow divided around the idea of including the core packages (pw ph pp pwcond neb tddfpt gwl cp ld1 xspectra couple gui upf) into a single espresso-X.Y.tar.gz (which will result in a simple packaging process and semplification of few makefiles). Pity. So it looks like everything will stay as it is for 6.0 however I am convinced it is worth resuming the topic during the QE Developer Meeting in (hopefully!) January.

--
Filippo SPIGA ~ Quantum ESPRESSO Foundation ~ http://www.quantum-espresso.org