[Q-e-developers] [Pw_forum] Bug fix after NAG compilation of QE

Lorenzo Paulatto lorenzo.paulatto at impmc.upmc.fr
Thu Sep 17 10:26:11 CEST 2015

On Wednesday, September 16, 2015 02:34:48 PM Samuel Poncé wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I forgot to mention that the intrinsic function 'system' is non-standard in
> Fortran and should be replace by standard 'execute_command_line' (see
> http://www.nag.co.uk/nagware/np/doc/faq.asp)
>
> For example in PHonon/FD/fd.f90:
>     call system('mkdir '//trim(fd_outfile_dir))
>
> should be replace by
> call execute_command_line('mkdir '//trim(fd_outfile_dir))

We also have the wrapper f_mkdir_safe that uses the c system library:
USE wrappers, ONLY : f_mkdir_safe
 result = f_mkdir_safe("dirname")
 !result = 0 : all ok
 !result = 1 : error (directory cannot be created or is not writable)
 !result = -1 : the directory already exists and is properly writable

--
Dr. Lorenzo Paulatto
IdR @ IMPMC -- CNRS & Université Paris 6