[Q-e-developers] Scheduled QE minor release 5.1.2

Filippo Spiga spiga.filippo at gmail.com
Tue Sep 15 23:08:09 CEST 2015

Hello everybody!

Between Saturday and Sunday a new minor release of Quantum ESPRESSO will be produced. Ideally we would like to freeze the code end of current Friday. Some of you have been already contacted directly, other will be during tomorrow. if you have last minute contributions the next 2~3 days are your chance to get something into QE.

Please _DO NOT COMMIT_ anything major into the trunk until next Monday.

We are testing and checking as much stuff as we can (still manually I am afraid, we will try to get a working BuildBot on QE-FORGE including user documentation asap) so we want to minimize the chances to accidentally introduce something wrong before the release date.

As previously anticipated, we will produce regular release rolling now that we setup a process to handle this. Next one is scheduled around December 12th ~ 13th. We need to update the website as well.

If you have any question or request or clarification or advice just get in touch.

Cheers

--
Mr. Filippo SPIGA, M.Sc.
Quantum ESPRESSO Foundation

*****
Disclaimer: "Please note this message and any attachments are CONFIDENTIAL and may be privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure. The contents are not to be disclosed to anyone other than the addressee. Unauthorized recipients are requested to preserve this confidentiality and to advise the sender immediately of any error in transmission."