[Q-e-developers] Error compiling PW/tools/dist.f using PGI 14.2

Filippo Spiga spiga.filippo at gmail.com
Thu Feb 27 23:51:06 CET 2014

Dear all,

I hit a error compiling using PGI version 14.2 ...

make[2]: Entering directory `/scratch/fs395/QE-SOURCES/espresso/PW/tools'
if test -n "" ; then \
	( cd ../.. ; make  || exit 1 ) ; fi
pgf77 -O3 -r8 -mp -c dist.f
PGFTN-S-0083-Vector expression used where scalar expression required (dist.f: 83)
  0 inform,   0 warnings,   1 severes, 0 fatal for dist
PGFTN/x86-64 Linux 14.2-0: compilation completed with severe errors
make[2]: *** [dist.o] Error 2

I suggest to set F77 to pgf90 instead of pgf77, a simple change in the configure has to be done. This will solves the issue (and everything compile perfectly). Should I proceed?

Mr. Filippo SPIGA, M.Sc.
http://www.linkedin.com/in/filippospiga ~ skype: filippo.spiga

«Nobody will drive us out of Cantor's paradise.» ~ David Hilbert

*****
Disclaimer: "Please note this message and any attachments are CONFIDENTIAL and may be privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure. The contents are not to be disclosed to anyone other than the addressee. Unauthorized recipients are requested to preserve this confidentiality and to advise the sender immediately of any error in transmission."