[Pw_forum] PostProcessing the .save file on another machine

vkarthik vkarthik at MIT.EDU
Tue Sep 27 16:29:45 CEST 2011

Hi,
I had a technical question on performing post process functions like bands.x. I
use a supercomputer to run my scf calculations. Once done, I am interested in
transferring the prefix.save file into my QE on my laptop (same QE version as
the one installed in the mainframe of the supercomputer). Whenever I try to
process any job on my laptop, it fails to run and gives an error saying cannot
open the charge-density.dat file from the outdir.
Are the contents of the .save file very specific to the computer architecture
used for running the QE code ?

Is there anyway, I can process the data from my personal computer ?
Best,
Karthik