[Pw_forum] PostProcessing the .save file on another machine

Paolo Giannozzi giannozz at democritos.it
Wed Sep 28 09:48:59 CEST 2011

On Tue, 2011-09-27 at 10:29 -0400, vkarthik wrote:

> Are the contents of the .save file very specific to the computer architecture
> used for running the QE code ?

they aren't "very" specific, but they specific enough to make reading
a file produced on a different machine a nontrivial task. In principle,
machines with the same binary representation of numbers should be able
to exchange files, but then there is the big-endian vs little-endian
stuff etc. Also note that the following may apply to your case:
  http://www.democritos.it/pipermail/pw_forum/2011-September/022043.html

> Is there anyway, I can process the data from my personal computer ?

try the iotk_copy utility: it converts from binary to text and back.

P.
--
Paolo Giannozzi, IOM-Democritos and University of Udine, Italy