[Pw_forum] PlotPhon Problems

W2AGZ w2agz at w2agz.com
Tue Jan 11 21:28:29 CET 2011

I have successfully run all four examples supplied in the PlotPhon
directory, including some I set up myself.

However, on attempting to process a simple orthorhombic *.fc file, the
following occurred:

Plot Phonon Dispersion Relations

Eyvaz Isaev

IFM, Linkoping University, Sweden

Moscow State Institute of Steel and Alloys, Russia

eyvaz_isaev at yahoo.com, isaev at ifm.liu.se

8

(standard_in) 1: syntax error

0 1.0200000

3.0600000

Simple Orthorhombic

At line 47 of file K_for_bands.f90

Fortran runtime error: Bad real number in item 1 of list input

cat: ph.grid: No such file or directory

Recalculating omega(q) from C(R) ...

At line 297 of file matdyn.f90

Fortran runtime error: End of file

The first line of the .fc file is

  4   13  8  7.2200000  1.0200000  3.0600000  0.0000000  0.0000000
0.0000000

Could this be a compiler problem?  I'm using gfortran.  Yet all other
examples execute correctly.

-Paul Grant

IBM Research Staff Member Emeritus