[Wannier] Expanding wannier Hamiltonian of the unit cell to that of the supercell

Stepan Tsirkin tsirkinss at gmail.com
Thu Jan 28 10:16:45 CET 2021

Dear Kenan,

the Wannier Hamiltonian that you get is a num_wann x num_wann matrix
H_mn(R) which depends on an R vector, which means that the hopping
connects orbital nin unit cell 0 to the orbital m in unit cell R (or
exchange indices n,m, not sure).  In a supercell the same matrix would
correspond to connceting primitive cells R' and R'+R (where R' runs over
all 10000 primitive cells in oyur supercell)

Such things are implemented, for instance , in pythTB
http://www.physics.rutgers.edu/pythtb/ package, (which however may be
very slow, but you may look to have an idea)

Also Wanniertools http://www.wanniertools.com/ may be useful.

Regards,

Stepan Tsirkin,
University of Zurich.

P.S. (I think it is a rule of this mailing list to specify your
affiliation )