[Wannier] xsf files and plotting of the Wannier f

Mostofi, Arash a.mostofi at imperial.ac.uk
Wed May 6 01:35:47 CEST 2020

Dear Santi

Thanks for using the mailing list. In future, please include your full name and affiliation — it’s one of the rules of etiquette of this list!

I refer you to the User Guide at http://www.wannier.org/support/ and the input parameters relating to plotting, wannier_plot*. The plotting functionality within wannier90 relies on the underlying DFT code providing the periodic parts of the Bloch eigenstates on a real-space grid (the so-called “UNK*” files). With quantum-espresso, for example, these files are written out by pw2wannier90.x by including the line write_unk = true in its input file. I think the wien2wannier interface (https://wien2wannier.github.io) does things a bit differently (though I am happy to be corrected by any Wien2k-Wannier experts on the forum) in that you provide the interface program with the final U-matrix for the Wannier transformation and the interface program then does the plotting.

Best wishes,

Arash

—
Professor Arash Mostofi — www.mostofigroup.org<http://www.mostofigroup.org>