[Wannier] Unitary property of U^{dis}

Mostofi, Arash a.mostofi at imperial.ac.uk
Tue Mar 3 18:42:01 CET 2020

Dear Che-Hong
I believe the code internally does this check (in subroutine dis_project in src/disentangle.F90) and reports an error if it is not satisfied. Admittedly, I’ve never explicitly checked that u_matrix_opt, as written to the seed name_u_dis.mat file, satisfies it... Note that the order of the matrix multiplication matters: U_{dis}^{\dagger}U_{dis} = 1, but not U_{dis}U_{dis}^{\dagger}, so a little care is needed in the evaluation. Perhaps you could check and, if you are sure it’s a problem, then post your input and output files (and script to read the matrices and evaluate the matrix product) and someone will try to take a look.
Best wishes,
Arash

—
Professor Arash Mostofi — www.mostofigroup.org<http://www.mostofigroup.org>
Director, CDT in Theory and Simulation of Materials
Imperial College London