[Wannier] Format of UNK files

Robert Peyton Cline Robert.Cline at colorado.edu
Wed Jul 3 01:34:14 CEST 2019

Hi Hung,

Ok, thanks for the info and the link.  However, this raises another
question for me if you have the time.  I have 2 different projection setups
of the same parent VASP job, and additionally, one of these setups sets the
exclude_band tag, while the other one does not.  I generated all the
wannier.* files from the same WAVECAR file using IALGO = 2 in VASP, so all
the information about the overlaps and the eigenvalues are the same between
the two setups (except the effect of the exclude_bands tag, of course).  I
mistakenly mixed up the UNK files between the runs, so I would have guessed
there should have been some clash with the UNK file format considering I
either set or did not set exclude_bands.  However, when I got my plotting
results back, everything appeared to run OK, and my Im/Re ratios were
good.  So my question is - is there some safety protocol in place that
ensures this behavior?  I would have figured my jobs would have crashed
because of the mismatch, but that's not the case.  Any help would be
appreciated.

Thanks,
Peyton Cline