[Wannier] Constrain to the minimization

Mostofi, Arash a.mostofi at imperial.ac.uk
Tue Nov 25 00:38:11 CET 2014

Hi,
The maximal localization criterion does result in mixing the occupied pi and sigma manifolds - there is a discussion in Sec III.A of Rev Mod Phys 84, 1419 (2012). You can usually achieve separation at the expense of also including the unoccupied pi* manifold to give you an atom-centred and partly-occupied pz orbital on each C and a bond-centred sigma orbital on each C-H and C-C bond.
Best wishes,
Arash

—
Dr Arash Mostofi — www.mostofigroup.org<http://www.mostofigroup.org>
Imperial College London
Director, Thomas Young Centre @Imperial
Assistant Director, CDT in Theory & Simulation of Materials
Warden, Wilkinson & Weeks Hall