[Wannier] Re: Too many projections defined error

Brad Malone brad.malone at gmail.com
Sat May 26 20:57:30 CEST 2007

Thanks for the response Arash.  Setting the projections to random (they were
set to sp3) did indeed fix that issue.  I ran the wannier code and generated
the .nnkp file.  However, in the nnkp file it lists my excluded bands as
being 25-32 (which I had specified in the .win input file; perhaps
unnecessary because my window excludes them anyway) but also it lists band
#8 as being excluded, and I did not want or specify that.  Is there a reason
for this?  I'm worried that it may be causing me an error when I run the
Wannier code again because I get an error of "param_read: mismatch in
silicon.eig".  Inspecting the silicon.eig file it looks like it should be
okay, unless the code thinks that there are 23 bands (having excluded band
8), as there are 24 bands (for my 64 points) listed in the silicon.eig file.

I'm also interested in the bottom of the conduction band.  Do you have a
feel for how robust this is to the initial guess for the projections?  And
is it possible for me to specify sp3 projections without having 48 wannier
bands?  I'd like to use fewer bands if possible because it seems that I'm
running into memory allocation issues that prevent me from starting with a
denser k-grid. Thanks again for the help.

Brad