[Wannier] Too many projections defined error

Arash A Mostofi mostofi at MIT.EDU
Fri May 25 22:22:28 CEST 2007

Dear Brad

I think the problem is in the "projections" block of the input file, not
the energy windows. As you say, a 12 atom unit cell of silicon will need 24
maximally localised Wannier functions (MLWFs) to span the valence manifold
and this is the number of projections you should define in the projections
block.

What we've found is that the generation of MLWFs for the valence manifold
is very robust to the initial guess, so even specifying randomly centred
s-orbital projections is good enough. This can be done by setting

Begin Projections
random
End Projections

in the input file.

Cheers

Arash

Dr Arash A Mostofi
Dept of Materials Science and Engineering
13-4084 MIT
77 Massachusetts Avenue
Cambridge MA 02139-4307 USA
Tel: 617.2536026