[QE-users] Request for Assistance: Positioning Metallic Element(Na) at Tetrahedral Interstitial Site (TIS) in Ag2O BCC Structure

Stefano de Gironcoli degironc at sissa.it
Tue Mar 19 18:54:28 CET 2024

if you look at the wikipedia page of Ag2O
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silver_oxide

you see that the structure is actually SC in the sense that Oxygens
occupy a BCC lattice while the Ag atoms form an FCC lattice.

in unit of alat the 6 atoms in of Ag2O should be in

ATOMIC_POSITIONS [alat]

O 0.25 0.25 0.25

O 0.75 0.75 0.75

Ag 0.00 0.00 0.00

Ag 0.50 0.50 0.00

Ag 0.00 0.50 0.50

Ag 0.50 0.00 0.50

I guess you want one of the 6 Silver terhahedra sites not occupied by
Oxygens

any site with two 0.25 and one 0.75 or two 0.75 and one 0.25 should
work. I think they are all equivalent

HTH

stefano