[QE-users] Issue with 'Relax' Calculation Upon Introducing Br Anion - Seeking Assistance

NIKUNJ KUMAR n_kumar2 at cy.iitr.ac.in
Thu Feb 1 07:29:41 CET 2024

Hello everyone,

I hope this message finds you well. I am currently facing a challenge in a
'relax' type calculation, specifically when introducing a Br anion into my
system with a total charge of -1. The issue arises as the calculation stops
after just 2 SCF iterations, accompanied by the following error message:
     Error in routine  rdiaghg (640):
      problems computing cholesky

Interestingly, the calculation was running smoothly before the introduction
of Br into the system. For context, I am utilizing the PBEsol paw type pp
from the pseudo dojo database, and the input file is attached for your
reference.

Thank you in advance for your assistance!
Nikunj kumar
Research Scholar
Chemistry Department
IIT Roorkee