[QE-users] Doubt about Hands-on QE summer school TD-DFT exercise (day 3)

Iurii TIMROV iurii.timrov at epfl.ch
Sun May 28 10:34:26 CEST 2023

Dear Xavier,

Check the output file generated using the turbo_spectrum.x program. If you perform the calculation using ipol = 4 you will find the following:

chi_i_j: dipole polarizability tensor  in units of e^2*a_0^2/energy

S: oscillator strength in units of 1/energy

S(\hbar \omega) = 2m/( 3 \pi e^2 \hbar)  \omega sum_j chi_j_j

For more details please check this paper: https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0010465511001512

HTH

Iurii

--