[QE-users] Doubt about Hands-on QE summer school TD-DFT exercise (day 3)

Iurii TIMROV iurii.timrov at epfl.ch
Sat May 27 12:51:33 CEST 2023

Dear Xavier,

> Can I use the values obtained with Turbo_Lanczos to plot the other optical properties (refractive index, extinction coefficient, absorption, loss function, reflectivity, and conductivity) by applying the equations in M Jubair et al 2019 J. Phys. Commun. 3 055017 or should I use different methods?

Yes, you can do that. But I recommend you to check carefully other literature for various levels of theory/approximations for computing the optical properties of molecules and solids. One good reference is https://journals.aps.org/rmp/abstract/10.1103/RevModPhys.74.601

BTW, there is the turboEELS code in the TDDFPT package to compute the loss function.

HTH

Iurii

--
Dr. Iurii TIMROV